Monday, August 1, 2011

wesley

Well..it's official, my Wesley is gone. As of 5:40, he boarded a plane and left me here in Yuma, ALONE! What a meanie! I'm kidding. This was all part of our moving plan. He will be finishing up at his job in Eugene, packing the rest of our things, and coming back down on August 19th.

When I got in the car to drive around looking for rentals this evening, the driver's seat was still positioned for his much-longer-than-McKenzie legs, the radio stationed still tuned in to his preferred station, and the mirrors still adjusted for his much-higher-up-than-McKenzie eyes. As ridiculous as this sounds, I literally almost began to cry. I am such a girl.

I held back the tears and pulled out of the driveway and down our street. Wait, how the heck do I get around this city? Wes has been driving all week and I've been paying no attention.

Although we spent several months apart and in different countries during our dating days, this is the first time we have spent a significant amount of time apart since we've been married. I've already tried convincing my co-workers to take me out on a date on August 7th, as Wes and I will be apart on our 1 year wedding anniversary. Any lovely Eugenians wanna take Wes out on a date for me? I'd recommend Papa Soul Food, a place he loves but I'm rarely in the mood for.

I'm sure these weeks without him will zoom by, as I will be engulfed in school-related activities, but I will definitely miss his ridiculously cheesy humor, his uncanny ability to find his way around a new town, and his little-boy-run-out-in-your-undies excitedness he gets everytime a plane flies by Glen's house. Oh Wesley. You make me laugh everyday. I miss you already and it's only been 10 hrs. 18 more days? Oh crap. I'm doomed....

Wesley sitting outside of Glen's watching planes


P.S. I apologize if there are any spelling mistakes in this post. Wes is my editor-in-chief. He is currently "out of office"


1 comment:

  1. Aw, you're so cute. I'm sorry he's out of town on your first anniversary, that sucks.

    ReplyDelete