Saturday, July 30, 2011

this one's for the girls

(This post is for my small group. I am missing our annual get together tonight. However, I thought I would post it here on our blog for others to enjoy as well)


Dear girlies,


I wish I could be there with you tonight at our annual get together. Hopefully, you haven’t managed to get Toki smashed yet. I’M KIDDING! Since, I cannot make it this year, I thought I would quickly update you on what is going on here in our life down south.


Here it goes....


Obviously, a lot has changed in the last 6 months since we have last gotten together. I graduated in December with my Master’s of Arts in Teaching and did lots of substitute teaching in the Eugene & Springfield School Districts. My favorite moment was when I got to sub in the room next door to my dad. I think co-teaching with his daughter made the old man cry a little. Anywho....I applied for teaching jobs like crazy all over Oregon, everywhere from Eugene to Po-dunk, Oregon and didn’t even manage to get a single interview. I finally decided to look at some places outside of Oregon and of course thought about Yuma, only 20 miles from my favorite little town of Islitas, Mexico. Long story short, I got a kindergarten teaching position at a fabulous school here in Yuma. Within a month of accepting the job, here we are...living in Yuma, searching for rentals, and setting up my cute little kindergarten classroom. Here is a picture of what it looks like so far.....


(Note: There a tons of pictures in the previous blog post)


So far, we are loving Yuma (but missing our family and friends, of course). We are weirdos who absolutely love the heat. Seriously though, you all need to come visit! Nothing beats floating down the warm Colorado river or enjoying dinner outside on a nice warm Arizona evening. I vote that for our December reunion, you all make a road trip south. It’ll be sunny and 75! Any takers?


On another note, Wes and I will celebrating our 1-year wedding anniversary on August 7th. We have had the best year together. I’m telling you girls, there is nothing better than being married to your best friend. I’m sure Lacey can agree on this one. We are excited for this new chapter in our lives. Feel free to read this blog to stay updated on our random adventures.


We love and miss you all,


McKenzie (Wes says hi too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment