Monday, July 25, 2011

Where are the refried beans?

Whew. Today can be described in 3 words..........

EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER.

At some points I found myself beyond excited about the adventure before us, while at other points of the day I found myself asking that daunting question: Did I really just move away from everything familiar, my family, and my dearest friends?


We had a wonderful morning.....



exploring the desert's natural beauty



dipping our feet in the pleasantly warm Colorado River



and admiring the Southwest’s old architecture and history.


We spent the midday searching for rentals and making a trip to the grocery store. This is where the emotional roller-coaster began. After searching the store aimlessly for refried beans, I finally found myself asking Wes loudly, “Where in the world are the refried beans!?!?!?”. This ridiculous frustration allowed me to realized how comfortable we get in our hometown routines. The simple fact that I didn’t know my way around my local grocery store was driving me nuts. Little things like this make you feel like you are “home”. I’m sure this feeling will come with time, it just made me realize what a BIG move this really is. Not just a quick trip to Mexico. A big move. A big adventure.

Ok. Back up to the positive part of the rollercoaster. We finished the evening by continuing the DeBow Sunday tradition of going out for pizza. Traditions are good for big transitions.

Da Boys Italian Cuisine

After pizza, we enjoyed a walk around the amazing downtown buildings and along the river.


Oh, and a stop at my new favorite frozen yogurt place, of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment