Saturday, August 6, 2011

fridays at 4


It's official, I'm a teacher. Last night, I participated in my first "Friday at 4". I think this event must occur in every teacher's life in order to be initiated into the official "I'm a Teacher" club. After a long work week full of trainings, planning, and prepping the classroom, some teachers and I decided to get together after school for some pizza and beer. Technically, it wasn't 4 o'clock and technically we didn't "go out" either. We're all "teacher poor" and are all desperately waiting for that first August 19th paycheck. Instead, we decided to lounge by the pool at a co-workers apartment complex, share about our wild teen years, and of course, eat pizza and drink beer*

*Note: Technically, I had water instead of beer (since I'm not a huge beer fan). I left this detail out of the story above, because it sounded much cooler to say "pizza and beer".

No comments:

Post a Comment