Wednesday, August 3, 2011

funny things, as of late

Recently life in Yuma has been rather humorous. Or perhaps everything is just funny to me because I'm living alone and going psychotic. Regardless, here are the top 10 things about my life in Yuma that might make you (or at least Wes) smile.

1. This morning I got dressed in my typical teacher clothes. Pants. Dress Shirt. Sweater. It was 7:30 and 99 degrees. I arrived at school drenched in sweat. I probably could've done without the sweater. Silly Oregonian.

2. The State Farm commercials on the radio station play a mariachi jingle rather than the typical "Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm is There" jingle. I can't even explain how hysterical this is.

3. I occasionally find myself speaking like I'm from the Midwest, simply because I'm surrounded by so many Michigan-ites at my school. I swear. Every teacher and their mother somehow traces back to Michigan.

4. The other night I was dripping sweat in the car for no reason...or so I thought. It took me 10+ minutes to realize I had somehow been blasting the heat instead of the AC.

5. I went to Blimpie's with my co-workers and accidently ordered in Spanish.

6. I still have yet to go grocery shopping and/or cook a meal since Wes left. I've been surviving on cereal and turkey sandwiches.

7. The weatherman recently used the phrase "panties in a bundle" to describe the weather.

8. I was making a sign for my art bulletin board that said "Room 3 Masterpieces". One of the volunteer's at the school now thinks my name is Mrs. Masterpieces.

9. This evening a realtor was showing me a few houses. In between houses, she just told me to follow her and that she'd drive slow since I'm new to the area. Yeah right. She drove like a maniac. It was like I was a police on a high speed chase. People were honking at me like crazy. Thank God for the Oregon plates.

10. I had a nightmare that my fly was down the entire first day of school.

Oh life in Yuma, you make me laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment