Saturday, August 13, 2011

kicking friday's butt

Yesterday was my first Friday as a teacher. I've never been more excited for a weekend in my lifetime. As hard as Wednesday and Thursday were, can I just say that my kinders and I kicked Friday in the butt! We had SUCH a good day. I know that Monday will have its own challenges, as I can already hear their little voices asking "Why are we here again?", but I am thrilled to officially say that we had a successful day. Go Room 3!

Although many of you may just think my job is a piece of cake, teaching cute 5 year olds their colors, numbers, and ABC's, here's a few things you may forget I have to teach......
-How to hold your bladder
-How to hold a lunch tray
-How to open the milk carton that goes on the lunch tray
-How to sit in a chair for more than .347373 seconds
-How to walk in a line
-How to wipe your nose with a tissue
-How to listen (yeah.....about that....we're still working on this one)
-How to use scissors, pencils, glue, etc. appropriately
-How to turn on the classroom sink to wash your hands without coming back to your desk looking like you took a shower (yes...this has already happened. At least, he'd given himself a cute little mohawk)
-The list could go on for pages, but I'll refrain

I already love my kiddos to pieces and it's crazy to think they're my very first class..awwwww.

As much as my kiddos crack me up, I can proudly say that I make them giggle a little too. They're favorite part of the day is when I impersonate what a baby would do in our classroom (in order to teach them how kindergarteners are supposed to act). For example, when teaching them how to use glue bottles appropriately, I first pretended to pour the glue all over my page while making funny noises. They burst out in laughter crying "Do it again! Do it again!". I've done the same this with scissors, math manipulatives, etc. Every time, I have them wrapped around my little finger rolling around on the carpet in laughter. Precious moments like these make my well-paid job worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment