Thursday, August 18, 2011

skinamarinkidinkidink

So......as exhausting as this first full week has been (and it's only Thursday), my sweet little kindergarten babies have been doing well for the most part. Of course our days are still filled with plenty of meltdowns, tears, and time-outs, they are also filled with new experiences and plenty of cases of the giggles.

Yesterday, my kiddos did incredible during reading centers. I mean incredible. They stayed on task. They shared. And they learned a few letters in the process. I thought as a little reward, I would let them take a little "brain break" and get their wiggles out. I brought them back to the carpet and put some music on for them to dance to. WHO DO YOU THINK WALKED IN WHILE I WAS DANCING THE STINKIN' SKINIMIRINKIDINKIDINK? No one else but the Assistant Superintendent of our school district, of course! Awesome. Why couldn't he have walked in 2 minutes earlier when my little ones were angels while also doing something a little more....ummmm...academic?

On another note, Wes & co. (Wendy & Allison) are on their way down here with our buttload of stuff. Or shall I say Wes' buttload of stuff? After patiently waiting almost 1 month, I will finally have my partner in crime back with me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment