Saturday, October 22, 2011

if i were a boyyyyyy......

Somedays, I swear I am still stuck in my grade school tomboy phase. I am such a boy....or shall I say...I am so not girly in so many departments. Here are some reasons why....


Reason #1: Scentsy Party
A few days ago, I was invited to a Scentsy party...you know, those waxless candle-alternative thing-a-ma-jigs. I went. I thought it'd be good to be social with my co-workers and hang out with some females. While everyone was spending several dollars on the products, I was simply uninterested, thinking, "Why would I waste my little paycheck on this?" Anyways, I found myself flipping aimlessly through the catalog reading about the company's history just to pretend I was looking at the merchandise. 


Reason #2: Car Talk
On the way to the store this morning to print some photos for my classroom, I listened to NPR's "Car Talk", a radio program where they sit and comedically talk about cars. Wes rolls his eyes when I listen to this.


Reason #3: Football!
Today, the Oregon Ducks are playing and I desperately want to watch the game. Wes was convinced it wouldn't be on any channels locally and thought he'd just spend the day working on his motorcycle. I called our local sports bar, found the game, and decided to go. Wes wanted to stay behind to work. I literally had to twist his arm and beg him to come with me. Even if he wouldn't have come, I would've gone alone. Yes, a little 5' girl, sitting alone in a sports bar, watching football. I am such a tomboy sometimes.


tomboys

No comments:

Post a Comment