Friday, October 14, 2011

5-year old thoughts

One of the rewards in my classroom for good behavior is "lunch with the teacher". For some odd reason, children are beyond fascinated with eating in the classroom with their teacher. Even though it means that I miss out on my 30 minute break of the day and the chance to pee, nothing is sweeter than spending 1 on 1 time with students. It is during these moments that you remember that they are five, cute, and sweet little babies. 


Anyways, today I was having lunch with one of my students, J, who happens to be my most gifted student (translation: she's a little genius) Her vocabulary is just incredible for a five year old and her chatty Cathy personality keeps me laughing all day long. I seriously had to get out a pen and paper just to write down everything she was saying. Here are just a few of her thoughts...


"Mrs. Bryant, do you know what is just so magical? Brushing your teeth."

"I love sugar. I just cannot resist that stuff!"

"My dad works for border patrol. Yeah, pretty much he kills all the bad guys. Mrs. Bryant, I know that may be difficult for you to swallow, but it really is the truth."



Comedians can't even compare to the hilariousness of 5 year olds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment