Sunday, October 9, 2011

and the wife of the year award goes to......

and the wife of the year award goes to......

ME!!! (McKenzie H. DeBow.....side note: my middle initial is not H and my last name is no longer DeBow, but this is what Wes calls me for some random reason).
Anyways, last night Wes mentioned that he really wanted to go to some vintage car race thing. If anyone knows my husband, then you know that Wes’ other girlfriends are vintage cars (and motorcycles). I had no idea that this event was taking place and I was just planning on lounging at home and watching the 48 Hour Mystery Special on Amanda Knox while working on a puzzle (I know, I am a complete and utter nerd). Instead, I enthusiastically told Wes that I wanted to go to the races with him. 
For 4 hours, we watched old fast cars drive around a 1/2 mile track. The soccer player in me kept wondering where the goals, penalties, and red cards were and when the crowd would start booing the ref or chanting “Ole”. It never happened. They were just driving around in circles....for 4 hours. Occasionally, I feel the same way about long distance track running. However, my husband had a wonderful time and I did my very best to pretend that I was beyond interested and excited.



 I think I was the only nerd who wore ear plugs. My thoughtful husband packed me cute purple ones. 


On another note, yesterday we went for a bike ride. I just had to post this picture to brag that we are wearing shorts and tank tops and it’s October. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment