Sunday, April 18, 2010

you're just like my mother


This might be every soon-to-be married young man's nightmare....marrying their mother. Well, apparently Wes is in for a real nightmare, as last night he once again reminded me how much I am like his mom.

The scenario. It was 5:00 pm. We were having the Kammerzelt's over for dinner at 6:30. The house was messy. The food wasn't cooked. In my mind, it was GO time. Wes, on the other hand, thought it was a perfectly fine time to chat it up with his wonderful father and show off his most recent Buick parts. With little courtesy considered, I turned on the loud vacuum cleaner and vacuumed right around the two "chatty Cathy's". It was then that he uttered the infamous words, "Gosh, you are just like my mom".

Why? Because I'm hard-working, loving, and determined?

I finally took my eyes of the vacuum, looked up at him, and simply said, "Thanks!"


Like father. Like son.
Like mother-in-law. Like daughter-in-law.


No comments:

Post a Comment