Thursday, April 8, 2010

fiance to the rescue

Wes: "Didn't you check the weather reports?"
McKenzie: "No. It was sunny when I left!"

This was the conversation that took place when Wes came to save me this afternoon.

This morning I had a brilliant idea. I'd ride my bike to work to bask in the morning sun and get some exercise. Brilliant idea, right? Without checking the tire pressure, I quickly put my spontaneous plan into action and rode my old school Schwinn to work. Yes, all 7.5 miles.

Within hours my brilliant idea was not so brilliant anymore. Sigh. Let me explain.....

Reason #1, Since it was the last day of this Lil' Kickers session, I was showered with gifts from my kiddos. A jar of Hershey kisses from Eli. An Itunes gift card from Desarae. A bouquet of flowers from my Jackrabbits class. I have such a rough job, eh?

Reason #2: I walked out of the soccer fields only to learn it was.....hailing!

This is where the hero enters the story. With my hands full of gifts and unwilling to ride my bike in the hail, I came up with brilliant plan number 2. Call the boy toy! After bribing him with a lunch date, Wes quickly obliged and was at my work in no time, strapping my bike down to his prized Toyota.

Not only did Wes laugh that I left my house without checking out the weather reports, but he also advised me that my handle bars were loose, my tires were flat, and my seat was bent.

Hail. Broken bike. Lack of storage. Apparently my brilliant idea was not so brilliant. At least I got a lunch date with a hottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment