Saturday, November 12, 2011

feliz cumpleanos wesley!

Yesterday was Wes' 28th birthday. Even though my body still unfortunately felt like death, I made sure that my favorite man had a fun-filled day. Here's an overview of his birthday in picture format.

8 am: Breakfast at Brownies

9pm-11pm: Veteran's Day Parade


what Veteran's Day parade isn't complete w/out lowriders (and mariachi music)?



2pm-6pm: Hiking at Picacho State Recreation Area. It was quite the trek into the park and Wes had the time of his life driving like a mad man on the rocky "roads". I simply had repeated heart attacks over ever bump and turn.







6:30 pm: Sunset. Ladies & gentleman, if you want to be spoiled nightly by ridiculously amazing sunsets, you must move to Yuma. This sunset was captured on our way home from the Cloud Museum (the only part of the day I forgot to document).



7:30 pm: Dinner in Los Algodones, Mexico. How cool is it that we can cross the border just to enjoy some authentic Mexican food and $2.50 margaritas?


9:00 pm: Due to my sickness, I didn't make Wes a homemade cake, as I feared my nasty germs would somehow make their way into the cake (great excuse, eh?). We stopped for some DQ and watched the Dogtown Z-boys documentary. Or should I say Wes watched the documentary? For those of you who may not know, I have an incredible skill of falling asleep literally 5 minutes into a movie. I think I get that gene from my Grandma Betty. Thanks Grandma! Oh, and happy birthday Wes! I LOVE YOU!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment