Thursday, May 2, 2013

thank god for mama

Seriously. Having an amazing mom is one of the best things in the world. Even 2+ years into marriage, Wes has learned that there are some situations in life where I just need to talk to my mommy. Today was one of them.

Unfortuanately, I had a horrible experience at the dermatologist. No major health issues, but simply unfriendliness and insensitivity to my awesome EB.

So what is a girl to do when she is sad and discouraged.....no the answer is not consume a pint of Ben & Jerry's, it's call her mama who lives 1200 miles away. Mamas just somehow magically know how to speak to their babies when something in life has knocked them down.

I hope that when I have kids I can do the exact same for my babies. Speak love, patience, and understanding into their lives when life gives them crap.

Rather than ending the day still discouraged, I was gracefully reminded of the bajillions of things I am SO beyond thankful for...my husband, my family, my health, my friends, my home, my sweet Benny pup, my students, etc., etc., etc. Seriously, I am so beyond blessed.

THANK GOD FOR MY MAMA!
This is one of my all time favorite pictures of my mom. You don't understand, she truly is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment