Monday, January 7, 2013

lost in the desert

Yesterday, my adorable husband asked if I'd like to go for a hike. Sure...why not? I love to be outdoors and it sounded like a great way to spend the last day of my wonderfully long 3 week Christmas break. Without any questions asked (as to where we were going, how long it would be, etc), we simply headed out the door and drove off for our little adventure.

What I have learned in 2.5 years of marriage is that I really trust Wes...perhaps occasionally even a bit too much. 

Back to the hike....We headed out into the middle of absolutely nowhere and began hiking around the very large Muggins Mountain. The trail quickly and unexpectedly faded away. Not after long, we were miles away from the car, hiking through canyons and ravines on the complete backside of a ginormous mountain.Frankly, as much as men like Wes hate to admit it, we had no clue where we were or where to go. This was one of the instances when I realize how much I trust Wes. He ALWAYS knows what he's doing and where he's going, right? Wrong. Perhaps, he was a bit too confident in his internet-based info of the area, it was entertaining nonetheless to realize how many times I have simply trusted him and tagged along in his wild adventures. 

We made it out alive. Thankfully, some genius had made rock structures around the entire mountain, so we simply followed her rock formations and footsteps....of course, I'm assuming the genius was female :) We laughed A LOT and learned a few solid lessons along the way (for example, never simply trust the internet about a hike and head out the door). 

the beginning...when we thought there'd actually be a path. LIES!


sun ray ruining our self-time pic

thank god for these rock formations around the entire mountain. genius!

canyon/male model awesomeness


I wasn't joking when I said we were in the middle of stinkin' nowhere

I love you Wesley....even if you get me lost in the middle of the desert. At least we packed water.

No comments:

Post a Comment