Sunday, February 12, 2012

laughter and quinceanera

Well, yesterday was yet another first for Los Bryants, attending a quinceanera. Technically, I (McKenzie) have now attended 3 quinceaneras, it was Wes' first, and our first as a couple.

Last night, we made our way down to the good ol' Ejido Islita to celebrate Damay's quinceanera. For all you major gringos out there, click on this to see what a quinceanera is.

Anyways, it was a wonderful evening, full or delicious birria and bullriding. Wes makes me laugh nearly every day with his ridiculousness, but for some reason, last night he made me laugh harder than ever when he jumped on that mechanical bull. Perhaps it was the way he jumped on the bull and tipped his cowboy hat to the crowd. Perhaps it was watching 50+ Mexicanos laughing and cheering on the gringo, shouting "Weslito" or "El Hueso". Or perhaps it was the way he held on to that bull so stubbornly and rode it like a motorcycle. Or perhaps it was because he set the record for the night for the longest ride. Whatever it was, I laughed so hard I think I peed my pants and cry-smeered my make-up all at the same time.

Moments like these make life so memorable. Felicidades Damay en tu 15 años!





No comments:

Post a Comment